DOWNLOAD A FREE PDF OF SOME SELECTED POEMS HERE…
Shaun Belcher was born Oxford, England in 1959 and brought up on a down-land farm before moving to a council estate in the small town of Didcot in 1966 just as England won the world cup..
He studied fine art at Hornsey College of Art, London from 1979–81
where he sat under a tree with Adrian Mitchell.
Began writing poetry in the mid 1980s and subsequently has been published
in a number of small magazines and a poem 'The Ice Horses' was used as the title of the Second Shore Poets Anthology in 1996.(Scottish Cultural Press).
He now lives in Nottingham, England after two years in Edinburgh studying folk culture and several years in the city of expiring dreams working as a minion at the University of Oxford.
He is currently enjoying retirement from 20 years of teaching and hopes to write something on a regular basis again. He has been involved in various literary projects including delivering creative writing workshops in Nottingham prison for the ‘Inside Out’ project.
He supports Arsenal football club.
Favourite colours therefore red and green like his politics.
We have not won the world cup again since 1966 and Shaun Belcher is not as famous as Simon Armitage although his songs are better.
Subscribe to Shaun Belcher writes..via Email
- A. E. Coppard and Me
- NEW POEMS: Thames Valley Texas
- The Horseshoe Press
- The Bio
- Grass Clouds Collected 2010-2022
- The Cloud Factory – Selected poems free pdf
- Burning Books – New Poems 2016- 2017 (HPP2)
- Thames Valley Texas – HPP 3 2023
- The Drifting Village – Poems 2001-2011
- Last Farmer – Salt Publication (Selected 1992-2010)
- Farm-Hand’s Radio – 1996-2000
- The Ice Horses – 1996
- LANDMINE: Poems 1992-1996
- Natura Morte – Dead Nature – Pamphlet for Friends of the Earth – 1992
- Barn Songs – Collected Poems 1990-1991
- Diesel on Gravel – Poems 1986-1989
- Towns on Shallow Hills – Horseshoe Press Pamphlet no.1 1990
- The Tithe Machine – Early Poems 1981-1985
- Short Stories
- Thames Valley Texas September 26, 2023
- Levelling Down – Diversity and Poetry September 15, 2023
- 2nd Anniversary Reading at Open Book Tuesday October 3rd – better than Goose Fair September 14, 2023
- GRASS CLOUDS – COLLECTED POEMS 2002-2022 September 14, 2023
- To review or not review that is the question.. September 14, 2023
- Open Book reading Tuesday 3rd October: Organ Grinder September 8, 2023
- No Substitute: New poems… June 26, 2023
- Coppard returns… May 1, 2023
- Desert Dust : Firebirds January 24, 2023
- Firebirds: The New Country January 24, 2023
- Firebirds – A Suite for The End of Nature January 24, 2023
- FOSSILS August 9, 2022
- Organ Grinder Reading August 5, 2022
- My Back Pages August 2, 2022
- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED July 31, 2022
- GRASS CLOUDS : 20 years on the poetry bench. July 14, 2022
- PRIVILEGE July 7, 2022
- GRASS CLOUDS: Twenty Years on the Poetry Bench. July 1, 2022
- Collateral July 1, 2022
- SUBSTITUTE June 20, 2022